Halloween Dance Form
MAELS After School
Dear MAELS Families,
MAELS is pleased to offer a self-sustaining after-school program for the current school year. The goal of our afterschool programs is to provide interesting and engaging opportunities in extra-curriculuar activities. Students are highly encouraged to participate in afterschool activities, as they are an enjoyable component of students’ afternoon time at MAELS.
MAELS After-School Program will begin on Wednesday, October 19th and take place on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s for a total of 15 sessions. (Players, Cheerleading, and Student Council will be a year long commitment. Student Council will take place on Wednesday’s only). After the first 15 sessions, students will have an opportunity to register for the same after school activity again or take part in a different activity if they choose. A description of each afterschool class, along with the cost and duration can be found on the reverse side. If your child is interested in joining any after school program, please complete the registration form attached. Only cash and money orders are accepted and can be made payble to MAELS After-School Program. On your money order, please write the name of the student, his or her class, and the course for which they are registering. You or your child will be notified if they have not been registered into the program of their choice or in the event that a change was necessary to the existing program schedule. Receipts will be backpacked home with your child on the first meeting day of the program.
Reminders regarding the After School Program:
- There is no yellow bus transportation for after school; please make sure arrangements are made to ensure your child’s transportation home.
- If students will be picked up, they must be picked up no later than 3:30 pm. If you will be late for pick up, you must designate a meeting spot off campus to meet your child ie. Staten Island Mall, Barnes & Noble).
- If you are late picking up your child more than two times, your child will be removed from after school.
- All fees are non-refundable, unless the class is cancelled.
- Students are not permitted to switch afterschool programs once they are registered.
- Students are not allowed to leave the building before their program begins. Students involved in after-school are to report directly to the rear of the auditorium at dismissal on days when their program is in session.
Afterschool Activities will be scheduled to take place for the first session on the following days:
10/19, 10/20, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/10, 11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 11/30, 12/1, 12/7, 12/8, 12/14, 12/15
Monday - 7:30 - 1:55pm
Tuesday - 7:30 - 1:55pm
Wednesday - 7:30 - 1:55pm
Thursday - 7:30 - 1:55pm
Friday - 7:30 - 1:55pm